So, I was looking for something to write about today. (aside, I keep starting entries with "So, I was..." aren't I? Sorry) I have a few outstanding topics (fantasy album project, why Deep Impact is a good movie, random thoughts #2, a review of my favorite movies, the current state of cable television) but I want to spend more time writing them. I'll probably do one tonight, but I'm really itching to write something now. So, I was surfing through Aimee's archives and found one of those random survey type things. My entry writes itself! Too good to resist, so here is my offering for the morning...
1. Your name spelled backwards:
2. Where were your parents born?
Milford, CT. Unless the were born in the hospitals in New Haven. I'm not 100% sure.
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Wish I was at my home computer to check, but I'm pretty sure the last thing I downloaded was a program for wiping out Spyware off your computer. Well, except for porn, of course.
4. There was no question number four.
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
Too long. I think April 2001.
6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yep. Many times.
7. How many kids do you want?
Until I'm convinced I could be a good father, I'm not sure I want kids.
8. Type of music you dislike most?
Country. Not roots-type stuff or old-school Country and Western, mind you, but the mindless, jingoistic pap that is just crappy pop music with an accent.
9. Are you registered to vote?
Heck yeah. I actually pre-registered before my 18th, and just got confirmation of registration in my new town.
10. Do you have cable?
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
12. Ever prank call anybody?
No. Although, I have on rare occassion made a malicious call to a rude wrong number caller. You ever get those? People who repeatedly call you and then hang up when you answer the phone and they realize their mistake? I find that very annoying, and if it happens repeatedly (I got 4 calls from someone last week doing this), I might call them back from the Caller ID and just hold the receiver out. Still, they aren't as bad as the people who have a wrong number and doubt me when I tell them so. Like I don't know who lives in my own house! But, I'm off on a tangent...
13. Ever get a speeding ticket?
I don't even have a driver's license.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Probably not. I've considered bungee jumping, but ultimately I'm not much into death defying. I'd much rather cultivate a nice respectful relationship with death, thank you very much.
15. Furthest place you ever traveled?
16. Do you have a garden?
No. I'd need dirt, I suppose.
17. What's your favorite comic strip?
Tie between Get Fuzzy and The Boondocks.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
I'm a singer, so yes.
19. Bath or shower, morning or night?
Shower. Never have time for a bath. Always in the morning, though I'd probably do better to take them at night. Maybe once it starts cooling down I'll try that.
20. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
22. Chips or popcorn?
Popcorn, as long as its good. Not any of that pre-packaged junk. Popcorn is meant to be popped. Not eaten from a bag.
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
Um, maybe this survey wasn't meant for me. hehe
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
People smoke peanut shells?
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
Um, actually, yes. Twice, and I wasn't a baby, either. Long story.
26. Orange juice or apple?
Orange. I HATE apple juice. But, the Orange has to be no pulp.
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
Went to The Outback with my girlfriend.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar?
Snickers, I guess, just slightly over the Reese's Fast Break. Unless Reese's Peanut Butter Cups count as chocolate bars.
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls?
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Last weekend. Its nice to have a girlfriend who gardens. I had sandwiches with fresh mozzerella and homegrown tomatos. Mmmmm.
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
Yep. Yay, youth sports! Not like I had to be good or anything.
32. Are you a good cook?
I hold my own, but I wouldn't say I'm good. I can follow directions, though.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
I still don't drive.
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
35. Sprite or 7-up?
7-Up all the way. I'll take Sierra Mist over Sprite.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Generic Pain Killers, I imagine. (not sure which one, though)
ADDED: Shortly after posting, I went and got some Werther's Original candies from a CVS.
38. Ever throw up in public?
If I had, I'm repressing it.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
I don't really think of true love as some unattainable concept. At least not yet. So, for now, give me my millions. I feel relatively confident that I can find true love anyway.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really. At least not how I define love.
41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
42. Can exes be friends?
In theory, sure.
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
Gosh, it was probably a long time ago when my aunt had her first daughter.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
I think so, but I don't have a pic to refer to, so I could be remembering photos of my brother.
45. What message is on your answering machine?
A very plain message. I only ever had funny messages when I was in college.
46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live character?
Brian Fellows. Its just so bizarre.
47. What was the name of your first pet?
Penfold. A Hamster. Much love to anyone who knows why I named my hamster Penfold.
48. What is in your purse?
Maybe there was a male version of this survey somewhere back in the annals of blog-dom?
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Watch TV, but I do that all the time.
50. Favorite song?
"Down Under" by Men at Work.
51. Who is your best friend?
I don't really have one.
No one currently, thank goodness, but I'd say my ex-roommate and a "good" friend from high school (RG) would take all-time honors.
53. Favorite sibling:
54. Least favorite sibling:
Kyle, but its not like I dislike. Just there are only two.
55. Favorite class?
Either television criticism or Acting Techniques. The former earned me my only collegiate A+, and the later was a blast. My final involved scripting and choreographing a stage fight with one my classmates (who I think has gone on to be a writer in Hollywood, or so I hear)
56. Are you addicted to AIM?
Not currently, and never really addicted.
57. What made you happy today?